Protect your right to free prescribing and every patient’s access to customized medications.
Visit www.savemymedicine.org for more information.
Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially trained professionals to prepare customized medications to meet each patient’s specific needs. Compounding is fundamental to the profession of pharmacy and was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers. The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available do not meet the needs of many patients,
and that these patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form that is “just what the doctor ordered”. Our compounding professionals can prepare
- unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, “chewies”, and lollipops.
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- medications that are not commercially available.
Quality Compounding Maximizes Therapeutic Outcomes
The efficacy of any formulation is directly related to its preparation, which is why THE SELECTION OF YOUR COMPOUNDING PHARMACY IS CRITICAL. Ongoing training for compounding pharmacists and technicians, state-of-the-art equipment, and high quality chemicals are essential. Experience and ingenuity are important factors as well. When tweaking a formula or developing a unique preparation, the compounding pharmacist must consider physical and chemical properties of both the active ingredient and excipients, solubility, tonicity, viscosity, and the most appropriate dosage form or device for administering the needed medication. Standard Operating Procedures should be in place, stability studies should be considered when compounding, and appropriate potency and sterility testing should be performed.
Our compounding professionals can formulate suitable medications as sublingual drops, oral and nasal sprays, lollipops, rectal solutions and suppositories, and other customized dosage forms. Please contact us to discuss your patients’ needs.
Compounding content © 2005-2014 , Storey Marketing. All rights reserved. Prescription compounding is the science of preparing a medication to meet the specific needs of a patient as prescribed by a doctor. Compounding Pharmacists are trained to make medications from pharmaceutical gradechemicals and high-tech instruments. This allows the pharmacist to customize the form in which a drug is dispensed. Physicians and patients are realizing the benefits of customized medications and the compounding pharmacist is the link to providing these medications. You Now Have Access to the benefits of custom prescriptions that are tailored to a person’s unique SIZE, SYMPTOMS and TOLERANCES. Benefits include:
- Less Side-Effects
- Kid-Friendly Flavors & Colors (click here to view the pdf document)
- Optional Dosage Forms
- Custom Strength Capsules
- Topical Creams/Gels
- Special Injectables
We Provide Custom Prescription Compounding For:
- Natural Hormone Replacement, (click here to view the BHRT pdf document)
- Tailored Pain Management
- “Kid-Friendly” Changes for Difficult to Take Medicines
- Veterinary Compounding & Medications,
- Special Formulations to Meet Individual Needs