Alexandria Compounding Pharmacy and Compounding Laboratory features a full line of veterinary preparations with size, dose, and flavor appropriate medications for every pet.
- Alternate Dosage Forms Ear Gels / Powder Puffs
- Combination Medications Oral Suspensions
- Creams, Ointments, & Lotions Topical Powders
- Discontinued Medications Treats
- Flavor Specialization Individualized Doses
- Sterile Ophthalmics Sterile Injections
How can veterinary compounding pharmacists solve veterinary medication problems?
Clinical Apothecaries can help solve medication problems by combining apothecary expertise with today’s technology. Here are some examples of what we have been able to do:
- Flavor medicine to make it easier to dose animals
- Provide low dose, longer-acting insulin injections
- Customize the strength of medications for seizures, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, parasitic infections, high blood pressure, and more.
- Make anti-fungal inhalation therapy for birds.
- Make transdermal anti-inflammatory gels for torn ligaments.
- Formulate hard to find medications for urinary incontinence.
- Concentrate new solutions for birds and reptiles, matching the dose according to the animal’s size.
- Provide discontinued, combination, and custom formulated products.
- Formulate “hairball” remedies for cats.
- Make transdermal anti-motion sickness medicine which can be applied to the outer ear surface.
- Formulate custom shampoos to treat “rain-rot” in horses.
- and much, much more
Clinical Apothecaries Veterinary Products
- Alternate dosage forms
- Sterile injections
- Creams, ointments, and lotions
- Ophthalmic preparations
- Discontinued medications
- Flavor specialization
- Sugar-free formulations
- Topical powders
- Combination medications
- Medicated biscuits/treats
- Chewable flavored troches
- Otic solutions and suspensions
- Otic insufflations
- Oral suspensions and pastes
- Rectal enimas
- Rectal supositories
- Ionophoretic formulations
- Individualized concentrated doses
- Inhalation therapy
- Anything your veterinarian can come up with!
Flavors that Work!
Dogs: Liver,Beef, Chicken, Cheese
Cats: Fish, Tuna, Sardine, Cod Liver Oil
Birds: Tutti Frutti, Pina Colada, Tangerine
Horses: Apple, Apple/Caramel, Clover
Cattle: Eggnog, Anise, Alfalfa, Maple
Reptiles: Lemon-Custard, Banana Cream
Ferrets: Chocolate, Peanut Butter
Rabbits: Carrot, Celery, Lettuce
We work with you to create a taste that works for your pet!
How Can I Obtain More Information?
Contact one of our knowledgeable and highly trained pharmacists at (703) 549-4350.
Compounding content © 2005-2014 , Storey Marketing. All rights reserved.